WOW! What a beautiful thing!!!

And frankly any other car nuts here...
Was putzing thru GovDeals and found something neat here in Ohio...
GovDeals.com: 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
I might even go see it...though my taste runs more to classic Fords...
My bet is somebody was hiding drug money...gotta hurt to lose something like that...
Warning:if you need to ask how much? you can't afford this car...
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
WOW! What a beautiful thing!!!
I'd pass...... I don't like the interior.....looks like it came out of a modern car..... and the engine is too shiny.
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA

A good ratchet set and a couple hours I can make that motor look a lot different...
Bad pix, but a little more to my taste...
Ford : Mustang:eBay Motors (item 250455128579 end time Jul-06-09 17:00:00 PDT)
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Wow! that is an awesome build, right color too. Sadly, once under the skin i don't think there's much '66 Chevelle left. I think at the end of the day i'd rather see something like a Willys coupe taken to this level.
That looks like the plenum and fuel rails from a "crate stock" Ramjet 502, i think they just "dressed" it. I can't tell if those aux lines are just fuel returns or if they set this up for "juice". Don't get me wrong, that's a formidable power plant right out of the crate, and needs no juice, boost, or other mods for serious street performance.
Kudos to the builders for keeping it clean, and especially for hiding the battery and probably the juice bottle too with that trunk panel.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Same place has a 69 Camaro, sans front clip... with a 302...and a 72 middie
Drove a yellow 302 with the stripes way back the, a real z-28...best Chevy I ever drove...
better than a corvette even IMHO...
for driving, I'd rather have that Z than even a Yenko...but as an investment the Yenko wins...
I'm at the point though where everything doesn't have to be investments...
Any sword cuts two ways, the upside of being old is you don't have to worry about something's value years down the line...![]()
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
No surprise here, that 302 is/was a pretty special engine.Drove a yellow 302 with the stripes way back the, a real z-28...best Chevy I ever drove...
better than a corvette even IMHO...
for driving, I'd rather have that Z than even a Yenko...
Somewhere i have a great write up on it's development and testing. Apparently the engine R&D facility at that time was located in a suburban area not too far from a residential area. The story goes that several neighbors placed calls to local authorities concerned that they were hearing some type of an air raid/civil defense siren. The sound they were actually hearing was the design team putting a prototype 302 thru it's paces on the dyno, running it up to and above 8200 RPM!
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Beautiful show car.
I am sort of a car nut myself. My race truck...
http://www.blackwidow4x4.com/images/T-IMG_8384.jpg
Also a good friend of mine custom builds (specializes in) 32/34 coups.
His personal car (now redubed Devils Ride with new paint/theme):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L0PATpLMcM"]YouTube - Kevin Care's famous Chile Pepper Car[/ame]
My friends car that the above gentleman built and I transported out to the show:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKRBXTb8o8"]YouTube - Mike Katz from the movie "Pumping Iron" debuts his hot rod at the Arnold Sports Festival[/ame]
I also help sell some exotics and high end muscle cars. Currently we have an completly restored 426 Hemi Baracuda, 1967 Tri Power BB Corvette, etc. Lots of leads through out hte country so if your looking for anything in particular let me know![]()
Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

A Hemi Cuda...
There are two occasions where it's acceptable for a grown man to cry...when she's using her teeth, and when looking at a car like that...
You can buy a very decent house for what a Hemi Cuda will cost you...
My dream collection would be one each of most of the original Shelby 'stangs, a Ford GT40, Camaro Z-28, Hemi cuda, Cobra Daytona...
I could go on but already spent a couple million...![]()
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Of the Mopars, I prefer the AAR 'cuda, though I have a 'soft spot' for a late friend's ex-works Chrysler executive's custom built '70 hemi Candy Apple Red?, white leather interior, white topped convertible Chrysler 300 with all the 'trimmings' that 'hauled a$$' in women collecting style. This body color, whatever it was called: http://www.fuselage.de/chr70/70chr_cover_b.jpg
A useful sunny day hauler too, the two of us loaded my pair of dual 515 bass cabs baffle side up across the back seat and trunk with no damage and room to spare, it is such a big, heavily constructed car. Little wonder I have so much lower back/leg problems now, these cabs weigh ~2/3 as much as I did back then.
Anyway, in another semi-off topic, off topic, this is just too good not to post: style-your-garage.com - Home Unfortunately, I can't do mine as it would potentially cause accidents due to being on a corner lot of an intersection or I would.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Bookmarks